Who says lighting needs to just be for the interior? Not only does outdoor lighting make your yard stand out, but it also has many other benefits you might not have known. At Garden State Irrigation, we have experienced lighting contractors who can create your desired lighting design. With our years of experience, we also have some tips and benefits of outdoor lighting that can help you consider having it for your home. Here are a few:
- Safety: Helps you find your way around the house at night and can help prevent crime.
- Inviting: Outdoor lighting creates a welcoming feel to any family or friend or comes over for a visit.
- Highlights: Adds drama to unique and beautiful landscape and architectural features in any garden.
- Entertainment: Perfect for outdoor parties as it creates comfortable surroundings for seating areas.
- Curb Appeal: Curb appeal is increased not only for yourself but also if you ever decided to sell your home.
Although these benefits are significant, it is important to know how to get the presence of outdoor lighting perfectly executed. For instance, the first step to take is to decide where you would want to place the outdoor lights. You should try to assign the lighting to specific areas in your backyard. An example would be placing a standing light behind a bench to illuminate it and making it a stand out feature. To give your yard a softer feel, you can hide landscape lighting under shrubs. If you have a pathway leading to your backyard, we would recommend using a chain or short stake lights on either one or both sides. If you wanted to highlight a certain feature (fountain, statue, etc.) we suggest placing various lights at different angles since a single bright light can cause harsh shadows. If you have any questions or are interested in an outdoor lighting estimate, please feel free to give us a call at 201-848-1300.